Moog CSA has applied years of knowledge in motion control and vibration mitigation techniques to an abundance of industrial applications. Whether it's improving ride comfort on trains or reducing loads to increase the life of equipment, Moog CSA has the solutions, including:
- Tuned mass dampers for mining equipment
- Tuned mass dampers for light rail cars
- Control design for magnetically levitated trains
- Structural modeling and testing of offshore oil rig structures
- Dynamics mitigation of robotic appendages
- Active and passive solutions for hand held devices
- Structural vibration mitigation on large wind turbines
Providing Vibration Mitigation Solutions
Moog CSA has designed tuned mass dampers (TMDs) to reduce the loads on heavy mining equipment. These structures operate continuously for years, and reducing the loads on the transmissions and other key components reduces required downtime for maintenance. Tuned mass dampers are also used on a series of rail cars to reduce the structure-borne cabin vibration levels for rider comfort.
Tuned mass dampers (TMDs) are resonant devices used to suppress or absorb vibration. When installed properly on a machine or structure, they draw away vibrational energy from the structure or machine and dissipate it internally, reducing the motion of the machine.
Our TMDs are utilized in a wide range of industrial applications from sensitive semiconductor manufacturing equipment to vibration suppression on offshore oil and gas production platforms.