Working with Moog CSA
Our customers don't necessarily have much in common with one another. They work for small and large businesses, or for different organizations in the government. They might send things into space or make machines that make semiconductors. Each customer has different needs and therefore interacts with us in a different way. We succeed by helping our customers to succeed. Occasionally, we act purely as consultants, selling our technical expertise in certain areas. More often, we deliver a hardware product or solution to our customers.
Some of our most common customer interactions involve:
- We solve problems for existing products and systems.
- We develop products and provide technical solutions for newer systems.
- We sell several existing products.
- We collaborate on research into new technologies.
Most often, our customers have special technical issues that have to be addressed. Often the customer needs solutions quickly. Moog CSA's technical staff enjoys these challenges and works to meet them with effective hardware solutions. Although Moog CSA handles many unique requests, one of the more common interactions is outlined below:
- Mutual interest is established through contact in person, by phone or by email
- A non-disclosure agreement (NDA) is signed as appropriate in the particular situation
- More detailed information about the customer's needs is provided in face-to-face meeting or by exchanges of email, faxes, drawing packages, etc.
- Moog CSA and the customer together define a statement of work and CSA proposes to complete certain tasks within a certain time and budget. In general, initital engineering effort is done on a time-and-material basis. This work may include analysis, testing, design, hardware prototyping, or software development.
- After identifying the necessary means to meet the customer need, Moog CSA develops components, devices or systems to solve a vibration problem or perform some other function. Depending on the situation, we will manufacture the items in question or work with the customer to integrate the new technology into a product manufacture.
- Moog CSA continues to supply components to the customer, or the customer incorporates CSA's technology in a product. In the case of custom one-off systems, CSA delivers items and provides continuing support.
At Moog CSA, we are familiar with providing "band-aid" fixes for products and systems that have already been built and are perhaps in operation. But our experience and capabilities are equally valuable in the early phases of a product development or system definition. Building in vibration, motion or noise control solutions from the start often leads to a better completed product. We work with customers to develop components or subsystems, hardware or software, to support their new products. For our government customers, this means early involvement early in the design of systems that may not actually go into operation for several years. CSA is also available as a supplier of semi-custom products for integration with larger systems.
In some cases, a customer's needs may be met by purchasing one of our existing products. Moog CSA does not have a formal catalog of products because most of what we manufacture is on a semi-custom basis. For example, we offer specialty products in low frequency suspension, SoftRide whole spacecraft isolation systems, actuation, tuned dampers, and hexapod platforms. Most of these products were developed originally on a custom basis and have found more general application and use. Moog CSA offers a wide range of technical solutions for vibration, motion and noise control, so it may be most beneficial to discuss how our existing products can meet your specific needs.
Team with us in government-sponsored research and development efforts. Moog CSA often supports R&D efforts led by other companies by providing our technical expertise. In pursuing development of new, relatively high risk technologies, we benefit from commercial and industrial partners who share in some of the risk and in the resulting products and capabilities. We work to align promising technology areas with both specific government requirements and commercial business needs. By working with Moog CSA, large businesses can better leverage their own research and development efforts.
- Shock, Vibration Isolation & Other Products
- Engineering Analysis
- Precision Motion Products
- Systems Integration
- Vibration Testing
- Other Adapters
- Positioning & Pointing
- Vibration Isolation & Control
- Motion Simulators
- System Components
- How to Specify a Hexapod
- Custom Systems
- SA Series Actuators
- Tuned Mass Dampers & Absorbers
- Test Systems & Facilities
- Zero Gravity Simulation
- Engineering Services
- Electronics & Electromagnetics
- Shock Testing
- Technical Papers
- News & Media
- About Us
- Contact Us